2.40. Replacement of cooling liquid
1. Periodically it is necessary to wash out system of cooling and to replace cooling liquid, to prevent corrosion and scaling. At service of system of cooling it is necessary to check and if necessary to replace all hoses and a stopper of a mouth of a radiator.
2. Put the car on the hand brake and block wheels.
3. On the cold engine unscrew a stopper of a mouth of a radiator.
4. Substitute under a drain opening of a radiator a vessel of suitable capacity. On V6 engines unscrew the ventilating valve, having turned counter-clockwise to the full (photo).
5. After all liquid will flow down from a radiator rearrange vessels under a drain stopper of the block of cylinders. On 4 - cylinder engines the stopper is in the left back part of the block, not V6 engines till 1990 - behind the generator, on V6 engines after 1990 - 2 jams, about the generator and near the right support of the engine.
6. Check a condition of all hoses and connections.
7. Replace all damaged hoses.
8. After liquid will flow down wash out a radiator flowing water.
9. A rust and a scum in the block of cylinders and in pipelines it is possible to remove with chemical means which apply according to the instruction of the manufacturer At strong pollution of a radiator, existence of mechanical damages and a leak, it is necessary to remove and hand over a radiator in repair.
10. Wash out a broad tank.
11. Turn and tighten all drain jams.
12. Slowly fill in fresh cooling liquid from water and antifreeze in the ratio 50/50, before radiator filling. Add liquid in a tank to the bottom mark. On the V6 engine close the gate
13. With an open mouth of a radiator start the engine warm up the engine until then while the top went! does not become hot.
14. Stop the engine and let's cool down. Add liquid to bottom edge of a mouth of a radiator.
15. Remove air, having pressed on the top hose, close a stopper.
16. Warm up the engine, and be convinced of lack of a leak.