5.9. Head of the block of cylinders cleanings and condition check
1. Careful cleaning of a head (or heads) cylinders and details of the klapanny mechanism with the subsequent check will allow to estimate amount of works on repair of valves and the mechanism of a drive of valves.
2. Remove from demountable surfaces of a head all remains of a material of laying, being careful not to damage a surface. Remove a deposit from combustion chambers, and a scum from channels of system of cooling. Banish and clean all carving openings.
3. Wash out solvent all details of the klapanny mechanism, rollers and yokes.
4. Remove a deposit from heads of valves.
5. Attentively examine a head, check existence of cracks and signs of penetration of cooling liquid. At detection of cracks a head replace.
6. Check deformation of a demountable surface of a head (photo). If the deviation from the plane exceeds norm, a head follows перешлифовать in a car-care center workshop.
In a head of the V6 engine follows also перешлифовать the demountable planes of collectors. In this case at assembly it is necessary to check freedom of rotation of a cam-shaft by hand. At feeling of appreciable resistance to rotation a head replace.
9.8 Check of a kachaniye of the valve
9.12 Measurement of length of a spring of the valve in a free condition
7. Check a condition of saddles of valves. In the presence of a petting (poles), cracks, traces of a burn-out head repair in a car-care center workshop is required.
8. Check люфт the valve in the direction parallel to an axis of a yoke (photo). If total люфт on ин to a dikator exceeds norm, it is necessary to check a gap between the plug and the valve (it is carried out in car-care center)
9. Check a condition of support of a cam-shaft.
10. Attentively examine valves, check existence on facets of valves of cracks, traces of non-uniform development, ablation of metal and прогара. Check existence of cracks on necks and cores, and also a bend of cores, turning the valve in the directing plug. Check wear of end faces of cores. Presence of any of the specified defects indicates need of repair of valves for a car-care center workshop.
11. Measure width of a regional corbel of each valve and compare to standard value (photo). If this distance less than 0,8 mm, the valve is subject to replacement.
12. Check existence of wear tracks and poles at end faces of each spring of the valve.
Measure length of a spring in a free condition (photo). Before installation of springs on the repaired engine it is necessary to check them under loading at the special stand (it is carried out in a car-care center workshop).
9.13 Check of vertical position of springs
13. Check vertical position of springs (photo). At detection of a deviation of a spring from a vertical and a deflection on length it is necessary to replace a spring.
14. Check existence of visible wear tracks and cracks on plates of springs and crackers. Details with any defects replace.
15. Check of yokes and rollers is described regarding B of Hl. 2.
16. If at check it will become clear that wear of details does not exceed norm, collect a head of cylinders, having established details on former places. To carry out repair of a head of cylinders of any complexity follows in car-care center.