8.3. Ignition system check
1. If the starter turns the crankshaft, and the engine is not started, check survey a condition of wires, candles, covers of the distributor and a begunka.
2. If all these details in a normal state, check integrity of high-voltage wires. For this purpose switch off ignition, disconnect a coil wire from the distributor and fix in 45 mm from the smoothed-out site of weight. Having turned a starter the engine watch formation of sparks. In the presence of sparks it is necessary to look for malfunction in other systems of the engine. If the spark is absent, or sparks are observed with interruptions, further check of system of ignition is necessary.
3. Warm up the engine (if it will be possible to start) and stop.
4. Check tension on the battery at switched off ignition and consumers. If tension is lower 11,5 In, remove the battery and charge (if the battery did not remain under loading long time, check a charge chain).
5. If tension on the battery at inclusion of a starter is lower 9,6 In, the battery is charged short. Remove the battery and charge.
6. Check a distributor and wire cover. If at measurement of resistance of a wire of the candle, attached to a distributor cover, the ohmmeter indication less than 30 Kiloohms (photo), a conclusion of a cover and a wire are serviceable.
2.7б Check of resistance of isolation 1. Cover
2.8 Check of resistance of a secondary winding, coil of ignition 1. Ohmmeter
7. On cars of 19871988 check resistance of isolation between electrodes of a cover (photo). If resistance is lower than norm, a cover replace.
8. Check resistance of a secondary winding of the coil of ignition, having connected an ohmmeter at the switched-off ignition between high-voltage, a conclusion and a conclusion of N of the coil (photo). If the indication of an ohmmeter does not correspond to norm, the coil replace.